Friday, February 05, 2010

The Franken-hat!

So I knit a hat. I’m really proud of it. First entrelac, first use of Noro Kureyon.

I knit it big, and planned to felt it to make it super toasty.

It went in the machine, and it felted, but the cast-on felted too much! It was late, and I decided to cut off the bottom to see if that would help. Out came the scissors, and off came one inch.

Then, the hat fit around, but was too short. So, in the morning, I decided to try some surgery. I cut the too-tight cast-on edge off the earlier removed part of the hat, then started to sew the cut-off part back to the main hat. It’s going pretty well… I’m then going to hand felt the seam to try and tighten that up, and probably put a velvet ribbon around it or something to hide it. I’ll also do a bit of a whipstitch edge around the now raw-cut edge and hand felt that to keep the edge from getting all icky looking.

My husband says I should just buy another ball of the Noro and start over.

I’m going to persevere, though.

If all else fails, I'll just buy some more yarn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the part when your husband said, "why don't you just by another ball of Noro?". They just don't understand, lol