Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Serendipity

Last month I had to drive an hour a day to get to work. I was driving through country roads to get to a jury trial in a nearby county. I didn't want to spend my brand new two-hour commute (it usually takes only 7 minutes to drive to work) just thinking about work, and started listening to Lime & Violet's podcast.

I downloaded a few random episodes and got to listening. In the first episode I listened the gals talked about Amy Weber's artwork, among other things. The next episode I listened to, they talked about Amy again, and followed up on a whole lot of the things they'd talked about in the first episode.

When I got to court and fired up the Internet connection I went to Amy's blog. It just felt a bit too coincidental to let it pass by. She had just posted information about her newest project -- a traveling art box. Crazy stuff started happening in the trial, so I had to stop paying attention to the Web.

As soon as I got home, and got the toddler off to bed, I fired it back up, and managed to get myself on the list.

The box is off, winging its way around the globe. I can't wait for the day it gets here. I've got some ideas for some projects to load back in when it arrives.

No comments: