Friday, September 04, 2009

Of reading and knitting

Lately, if I'm not knitting, I'm reading. I went through a stage where very little knitting or reading got done and now I want to do both all the time. Sleep? Who needs sleep... There's books to read! There's stitches to knit!

I checked Middlesex out from the library last week (if you haven't read it, I recommend it), and just finished it this morning. I'm now blazing through The Children's Blizzard, and will then pick up Sex with Kings. It's that last one that gave me and a literary friend an idea: a chain of book titles.

See, I'll go from Middlesex to Sex with Kings to something that starts with Kings and ends with some other word, then follow that one to the next book, and so on and so forth. This brings me back to my college days, wandering the stacks of Memorial Library letting the typeface, title and first sentence of a book seduce me.

Middlesex would have won on all three counts, had I actually encountered in the late 1990s.

In knitting news, I managed to get another full repeat of the cable pattern finished in the Third Wave Harf. I'll get pictures posted soon. Here and on Ravelry.

No comments: