Monday, September 04, 2006

Airport security blues

So I've got an in-progress project (the felted satchel) and several lovely balls of cotton that are dying to be cast on, but I'm afraid to even try to bring my knitting kneedles on the plane to Washington, D.C. I brought a project with me to Ireland a few months ago, which was fine (and useful during layovers) on the way out, but coming back in, the Irish rules were different and I had to check my knitting. All well and good because I asked before I got to the gate security check.

With the new security rules here, I'm not sure if I should even risk it, especially on a flight to D.C. If I don't find out I can't bring the needles until it's too late, I'll lose my bamboo needles and my yarn. And who wants that? I'll stick with a book, ginger candy and some tissues in my carryon, I think.

No comments: