Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Delusional knitter? Yeah. That's me.

So, I'm coming to realize that I was incredibly delusional when I thought I'd be able to knit the Mommy Snug in time to wear it. It's June and baby's due in November. That gives me just about three months to knit it.

I swatched, and my row guage is off, so I did all this math, and I think I got it right, but I haven't even had time to cast on for the front. Argh! I'm not the world's fastest knitter to begin with, I've already got one failed sweater project lurking in my stash (Swatched, cast-on, started, then frogged) and I'm not looking forward to another one.

This has me rather disappointed. I could start the sweater, see how long it takes to do the front, and save the whole thing for any future pregnancies or I can start hunting for alternate uses of 19 skeins of Classic Elite Four Seasons Cotton. Grrr.

No comments: